Frequently asked questions (FAQ)
- What is this website all about?
- My uploaded sound file does not loop very good?
- General considerations when uploading a file.
- What is that creative commons licensing thing?
- Where can I get additional audio files for a template?
- Can I use your audio templates commercially?
Long answer: When a user uploads an audio file, we convert it automatically to the MP3 format. This is needed because our online mixer that is developed using Flash requires it in this format. But it also saves bandwidth if a user listens to an audio template. The backdraw is, that MP3 automatically adds some silence in front of every audio file. To correctly loop, we need to cut that out during play mode and our developers have done a quite good job to make it as seemless as possible.
But in sometimes the loop has a noticeable gap when it starts playing from the beginning again. This can have different reasons. Here is a list of things you should consider:
- Your audio file should have the same volume at the end and at the beginning.
- The file should not be too short. If possible give it at least 10 seconds, so our tool has something to cut.
- Avoid rhythmic sounds, when looping, it normally gets out of the beat.
- Avoid audio file that are longer than one minute. It will also take a long time to download it when you (or others) listen to the audio template. It is better to use short audio files and use all of the eight channels of our mixer and their random functionality.
- The audio files you upload are not shared, except you select the file to be released under the . We recommend that you release the audio files that you have recorded by yourself under this license so others can use it as well, as long as they give attribution to you. If you upload audio files from other persons, you need to be sure you have the right to use them. Never use the Creative Commons Sampling Plus 1.0 License for them, except they already come with that type of license.
But there are some brave people out there that let you allow to use their work for free. You only have to attribute their name when using their work or when creating derivates with their work. ksxlskp.cn heavily relies on these people and we highly appreciate their work. The license that has been selected is the . All audio files you use from other users on our site are licensed thereunder.
You also have the possibility to upload your own audio files. We ask you to release them also under this license, so other people can use your audio when they attribute your name. You can upload an audio file and not set this license, then your audio file is never shared with others. But you will also not be able to share your audio template with others when you use your audio file with that.
Uploading audio files where you have not the right to use them is not allowed. Failing to comply with the rules of this website (i.e. uploading copyrighted material) will result in users being banning from our website and legal actions will be taken against the violator.